Sunday, April 15, 2012

Picture Frame with Sunflowers

I've noticed a lot of buzz on the CTMH Eye Candy website about frames of all kinds. I found an old 12 x 12 dry embossed "frame" made of white cardstock (can't even remember what they were called) that came out with the Floral Impression paper pack years ago. I remember I bought 2 packs to make Kara's wedding album, but had some left over.

Here's what I did with one of them - using the May Stamp of the Month - Friendship Bouquet:


The "frames" were already cut for placing pictures. I sponged the edges and the dry embossing with chocolate. The sunflowers were water brushed with creme brulee, sunflower, sunset and chocolate ink, but after they dried I went over them with markers of the same colors, as they lost their vibrance. That seemed to work well. Then I cut them out and placed them accordingly - also used green sparkles and Garden Wooden Shapes.

It was rather a long project, but it kept me off the streets and out of the mall!


No comments:

Post a Comment