Sunday, April 29, 2012

Card Ideas

My friend Jackie recieved her "Dotty For You" order last week and made me this card. It's so cute! We both love butterflies and glitter!

 

I made this card after being inspired from one of my followers Anika Lerche from Germany.  I used the May stamp of the month. I waterbrushed the flower first, let it dry and then went over it with matching colored markers. I cut a chocolate strip of cardstock and adhered it to the top, then put chocolate plaid ribbon (CTMH, but retired). I stamped the "Because" and part of the flower from the Card Word Puzzle stamp ( C1494 - $13.95).





Kara brought home a watermelon yesterday, and I got inspired! It doesn't take much of anything food  related to get me inspired. I had actually seen another card somewhat like this one on the CTMH bulletin board, too, but I used the Chocolate Alphabet small stamp - D1296 - $17.95 to spell "cool" and outlined in black between the smoothie and the sunset paper. Of course the paper is "Dotty" and the ribbon is not CTMH. I free-handed the watermelon and the seeds!




I love this card because it is so simple. Those of you who know me and my work, also know that sometimes it is hard for me to grasp the "less is more" theory!!! The bottom1/2" is black cardstock, then I used My Legacy Writers (pack of 5 different sized tips) - #4275 - $11.95, and drew lines using our clear 14" ruler with guide holes for punching and sewing (Z1471 - $9.95) - although I used it here for just making the lines straight)! The flowers are stamped with a small stamp from the solo "R" alphabet set, and the words are from Treasure Life - both are retired.



A few months ago Shannon made a layout using Dreamin and used small 1 1/2" x 1 1/4" squares. It looked really nice because it reminded me of a paned window. I used that idea here with the smoothie, lagoon and sweet leaf "Dotty" paper, and a smoothie paper flower from the Paradise Paper Flower assortment (Z1710 - $5.95). The "thinking of you" is from the stamp set For Every Occasion - D1187 - $17.95, The satin ribbon matches the lagoon, but it is not from CTMH.




Finally, I saw this tri-fold card on CTMH's Eye Candy site, but I don't know who originally did it. It is using the "Dotty" paper as well. The reason I liked it so much is that the lagoon and sweet leaf swirl paper was one that I really didn't care for until I saw this card! Funny how that works! The "Happy Birthday" also comes from the stamp "For Every Occasion" and I stamped in lagoon ink and used Lagoon tiny ribbon and matching brads from the lagoon Mini Medley from last year.



No comments:

Post a Comment