Monday, April 16, 2012

Black and White

Ever since I made the black and white sunflower with the May Stamp of the Month - Friendship Bouquet, I've been in the mood to create just using black and white. Things just seem to turn out elegant and simple, yet formal.

The first card is made from a retired stamp set called Treasures, but I've always held on to it because I use it frequently and just love it. The stitching is done by hand (don't ask me why I did that  - I've got WAY too much time on my hands!!!)) using the CTMH Legacy Writers - .8 - #4275 - $11.95 for 5 pens of different sized tips. The little burst thing has prisma glitter sprinkled on it - #Z134 - $3.95.
                                     

This one was done by gluing one paper butterfly (Flutter Paper Shapes - #Z1463 - $5.95) down, then putting another butterfly of the same size over it. I only glued the top butterfly it in the center, so it kind of looks like it's in flight. I sponged the edges of the butterfly in black and stamped the word fly in white pigment ink and set it with the heat tool. I inked just the f-l-y from the end of word butterfly from the Butterfly Wings - D1341 - $17.95. Gotta love the acrylic stamps! The 3 blacks dots are Adhesive Opaque Gems from the licorice selection - Z1335 - $2.95.

I did this using the 3x3 music stamp from Universal Backgrounds - D1477 - $17.95. The staff, treble clef and notes are from A Melody - A1116 - $6.95. The ribbon is not CTMH.

Same as above except that the phrase "a note for you" is from the "Just For You" stamp set - B1398 - $9.95.

I saw something like this card at Shannon's the other day. She said it was inspired by one she saw on the internet, but can't remember what site or who did it. (If you know, please let me know, so I can give them credit). The words are from Universal Backgrounds - D1477 - $17.95, the chipboard flower is from the Dimensional Element Mixed Shapes (comes with the Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge) Z1688 - $4.95. The small butterfly is from Flutter Paper Shapes - Z1463 - $5.95, and I stuck the tiny Opaque Adhesive gems in the center of the butterfly (light gray from the licorice selection) Z1335 - $2.95. The flower sitting on top of the dimensional element is actually a sticker from BoBunny,

This card was made by Shannon Smoldt YEARS ago. It has been wrapped in cellophane and placed on the wall in Kara's scrapbook room. I think it's so old that the "Congratulations" stamp was rubber, not acrylic!! The white embossing is also from an old, retired stamp! But the card is still beautiful!

Another very simple card using stickers from BoBunny, but I stamped the "Thank You" from the Card Word Puzzle - C1494 - $13.95 and I put a Rhinestone Designer Brad (Z1360- $5.95) in the center of the vertical sticker.

Maybe tomorrow I'll make something colorful!








No comments:

Post a Comment