Friday, April 13, 2012

Mini Album Using Florentine

I wish you guys could see this album in person - it is really beautiful. Of course I had attempted to make one on my own - what a hot mess it turned out to be. So my friend and "mini- album- maker- queen" Gerriann Armstrong just whipped this one out. She used cardstock and thin chipbaord.

When you first look at it, it measures 9" x 4" and is closed with ribbon:
Untie the ribbon and open the first fold. On the left is 3 small envelopes (envelopes, designs, flowers and tags made with the CTMH Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge). In each envelope is a 2" x 2 1/2" piece of decorated cardstock for pictures or journaling. The right side has a 6" x 3 1/2" mat with a cardstock flower and filigree charm.


Open the next flap to find another 4 mats and a beautiful fleurette and filigree charm:

When I opened the last flap, I thought I'd died and gone to heaven. OMG! I love "waterfall" mats. Just pull the button on the bottom and you have lots of room to see 8 different photos, journaling, ticket stubs - whatever you want to put on them:



The tags finish the beautifully arranged album on the inside:

I'm going to make more of these, but I'm definitely keeping this one!

Shopping List:
Florentine paper pack - X7153B
CTMH Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge - Z1686 - $99 - comes with 3 large coordinating stamp sets and 3 sheets of Dimensional Elements (a $124.69 value)
Filigree Charms -  Z1269 - $3.95
Color-ready Seam binding ribbon - Z1732 - $6.95 for 10 yards - ribbon on the album is dyed indian corn blue to match the paper.
The pearl flourishes, pearl strands, gold ribbed ribbon and the butterfly are not Close To My Heart.






No comments:

Post a Comment