Monday, April 2, 2012

More "Dotty For You" cards



I made this card using black and white cardstock, vellum and the "Dotty For You" creme brulee B&T. The stamp set is the calla lily from Enjoy Every Moment - (C1395 - $13.95). Here's how I did it:

On vellum, stamp your image with archival ink or Staz-on. Set with the heat tool.

Turn the vellum over and dry emboss all the parts of the image that you want to pop out. I used the medium dry embossing stylus. Make sure you lay the vellum on a soft pad - I used my mouse pad. Be careful not to poke the stylus through the vellum.

Turn the vellum over again to make sure you've embossed all the areas you want to pop out. You really don't have to color your image if you don't want to. You can't see it in the photo, but the white part is puffed out from the embossing and pops out making it look 3D.

If you wish to add color to the image, turn the vellum over again. I used chalk because I wanted just a hint of color.

I lightly glued the vellum to white cardstock, then framed it with black cardstock so it had good contrast.  Then I mounted it on the creme brulee dotted paper, and framed it again by placing black cardstock on the back of the card (that way it will open to the white card base so you can write a greeting). When using chalk, you can go outside of the lines to soften the image - comes out nice!


On the card below I used the batik technique:

On a 3x3 piece of white cardstock, I wet embossed using clear embossing powder with a swirly stamp. After setting it with the heat tool, I used a sponge and dabbed some lagoon, smoothie and creme brulee ink. I sponged it in small circular motions so the color blended. The stamp set is Love Life (D1482 - $17.95). To make the gloss disappear, I put a piece of copy paper over the image, and then ironed it. Put your iron to the warm setting and go around the copy paper a few times. The embossing powder will come off the image and go on the copy paper. I used the lagoon, smoothie and creme brulee "Dotty For You" B&T paper, then adorned it with the Sparkle Flourishes (Z1708 - $4.95), Paradise Paper Flowers (Z17100-$5.95) and placed individual sparkles in the center of the flowers (Bitty Sparkles - Z1263 - $2.95 and Clear Sparkles (Z1104 - $2.95).

Of course, you can tone down your card, but I tend to over-do when it comes to sparkles and flowers!






No comments:

Post a Comment