Wednesday, February 29, 2012

FRAME IT!!!

In the past years, I have done some 12x12 "pages" and framed them, and now I'm finding that I'm doing it a lot more. I took some nice pictures of my "adopted" family in Mexico, and for a surprise gift for them, I made a page of their individual families. Of course they were all embellished to the hilt, but the families absolutely loved them. Each were different and suited their own personalities.

When I was with my friend Gerriann, she showed me an 11x14 "page" she had done for a baby girl gift, and I was reminded once again about how much fun it is to create a special gift - one that will not be duplicated!

Gerriann made the page from the new Lucy paper pack and embellished it according. What I especially like is the butterfly that she adhered to the outside of the frame. So darling!


Last fall I decided to make a gift for my therapist, who had helped me over the years discover quite a bit about myself, and had helped me over a few bumps in the road of life. I got to know her quite well, and knew her favorite colors, etc.

Here is what I came up with. I call it "The Button Tree", and in my own unpolished calligraphy, I wrote one of my favorite sayings: And then the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.....Anonymous



Sandy (my therapist) hung it on  her office wall, and says that there has not been one person who has not told her how beautiful and unique it is. I can tell you that I spent quite a bit of time on it - you can do things that are less time consuming. But the results are always the same. Gorgeous, personal and handmade!

No comments:

Post a Comment