Thursday, February 23, 2012

Use Your Scraps (part 2)

I wanted to showcase some additional work using small scraps. Last time I showed you mostly cards, this time  scrapbook layouts:

Layout 1 - This Christmas layout using Elemental (olive and cranberry) does use (2)  12x12 pieces of cardstock and (2) 11x11 pieces of cardstock, however, I only used 7 little scraps of  B & T and (3) pieces of 3x6 pieces of cardstock to fill it in.   I did stitch around both 11x11 pieces, but I liked it when not using  too much B&T and cardstock. The stocking and Christmas trees  are stamped on the chipboard pieces that come with the Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge, buttons and glitter.
                                                                                                                                 


Layout 2: WOW! This is a really bad picture of a cute layout. Again, I used the Elemental paper pack (sorbet) and sorbet and desert sand cardstock. The circle and the scalloped edge are from the Elemental chipboard pieces and the accessories are antiqued copper mini medley.


Layout 3:  This was made by my friend and scrapbooking cohort, Gerriann Armstrong. She used 7 pieces of the Sonoma paper packet and desert sand cardstock, but the background cardstock is pansy purple (not the smokey plum that comes in the packet). I really liked how the pansy purple works with the Sonoma. The color just pops! The pieces of desert sand cardstock are stamped and then sponged with the pansey purple.  The butterflies (Flutter Paper Shapes - Z1463 - $5.95) are colored pansy purple.


Layout 4: Again using the pieces of Elemental (creme brulee) and olive, pacifica and sorbet cardstock. This layout was inspired by my upline, Shannon Smoldt, and uses the Elemental chipboard assortment and the pacifica mini medley. I really like these colors together.


Layout 5: I used 6 stripes of  the B & T from the Dreamin paper pack.  The scalloped half circle and the flowers were done using the Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge in pacifica and goldrush. Letters are from the Cork Alphabet-  (item Z1450 - $5.95 - adhesive backed).


Layout 6: Another layout inspired by Shannon using the Dreamin paper pack and Dreamin My Stickease. I really like the 2" by 1 1/2 little pieces for the window pane effect. The stickease and scalloped paper are adorned with the bronze glitter gel (item Z1483 - $2.75).


Layout 7: This was done using 2 pieces of Mischief - slightly larger than scraps. I know it's hard to see as the background paper is black (I'm not taking very good pictures today). The white bats are stamped in white pigment ink that needs to be treated with the heat tool to set. I used up the last of my Midnight Shapes that went along with Mischief. I am SO done with Mischief!



No comments:

Post a Comment