Sunday, August 19, 2012

Celebrate the Old and the New

I've got to tell you that I am in love with all the new paper kits and accessories in the new Fall/Winter catalog! If you haven't received one, please call or email me and I'll see that you get one (I had to order more, and am awaiting the shipment)!

I made this box with the (retired) 10x10 sturdy box. Even though this box is retired, we have plenty of other boxes to choose from in the new catalog. You could easily use any kind of box you wish or have on hand. I had the 10x10 box left over so thought I would cover it with the new Belle La Vie paper. It has a magnetic closure that I emphazied with the large pearl button badge and a piece of pink plaid ribbon folded in half:


I used the (retired) bitty buds because they were pink and I had some left. I layered the piece with sparkle flouishes, black tulle ribbon gathered in the center, and the reverse side of La Belle Vie paper cut with the new Artiste cricut catridge. Then I covered the heart with three of the new Colonial White Rosette ribbon tucked in the center and topped it with another bitty bud. I had the pink feathers and pearl stick pins in my stash, and glued a bling button into one of our pin clips. It is so shabby chic - but really cool - I think I'll give it for a Christmas or birthday present. The box can hold a variety of things like jewelry, notes and envelopes - really anything special that will fit into a 10x10 box.




Here is a list of the supplies I used that are still available:
La Belle Vie paper packet - X7158B - $9.95
Clear Sparkle Flourishes - Z1708 - $4.95 (for 3 different swirls)
Black Tulle Ribbon - Z1798 - 10 yards of 3" wide tulle for $5.95
Pin Clips - Z1612 - 12 pins for $4.95
Bling ASsortment Buttons - Z1466 - 18 pieces with 3 stick pins for $4.95
Colonial White Rosette Ribbon - Z1800 - 5 yards of 3/4" wide for $7.95 - it is 3D, not flat
Pearl Button Badge from the Wrangler Assortment - Z1780 - $5.95

It's always a good thing to use up your old or retired "stuff" so you can replace it with new updated paper and accessories!

No comments:

Post a Comment